Natalie Wilson is in the news
Meet Natalie Wilson, creator of High Heal Diaries. Toronto Photographer Tackles the Stigma of Scars in New Photo Series. Natalie, one of many cancer survivors featured in a new photo series exploring the stigma surrounding scars, says she now has a “really good relationship with my scars because they tell a unique story.” Click to read the full article.
My heart is so full and grateful to be a part of this meaningful book. Beautiful Body, Unbreakable Spirit is a fine art photography book by photographer, Tash Damjanovic in conjunction with Anita Canada. Aptly described as “Courageous Journeys Through Breast Cancer,” Tash D explains “Breast cancer is often mythologized as a dragon among those affected by breast cancer. How each woman lives with the dragon differs. For some, it becomes a doorway to a different future. For others, a beast to be slain. These women offer inspiration that life after breast cancer can be active, enchanting, beautiful. Their vulnerability offers us the opportunity to experience their courage, strength and beauty from up close.” The book launches on Oct. 1, 2021. Click for details and to purchase your own copy or visit the Instagram page. All the proceeds of the book will go towards the Canadian breast cancer dragon boat teams.
- Natalie couldn’t be more excited to hear such news. As the world acknowledges International HPV Awareness Day (March 4, 2021), this 3x breast cancer warrior lends her voice to the exciting news of BioVaxys’ development of an anti-cancer vaccine and potentially life-saving drug. Gynecological cancers are taking too many of our sisters’ lives. Let’s put a stop to this Biovaxys! BioVaxys (biovaxys.com) is the world leader in the haptenized vaccine industry. They are currently developing anti-viral and anti-cancer vaccines, advancing a therapeutic clinical phase I & II trial in the EU for late-stage ovarian cancer and HPV. For more info on their recent article in the Daily Mail please click here https://bit.ly/3qevFOj. Visit biovaxys.com for more information.
- WOMAN is a worldwide project by Anastasia Mikova and Yann Arthus-Bertrand, giving a voice to 2000 women across 50 different countries. It is an opportunity to shed light on the injustices women are subjected to all over the world, but what WOMAN would like to underline most is the inner strength of women and their capacity to change the world despite all the difficulties they are facing. Natalie was on of these women. Click the link for info and to watch the trailer
- Haute Pink Mustard Seed Magazine. Click to read Natalie’s story (pgs 31-37), and that of countless other warriors in Issue 5 Special Edition. This magazine honours women that have overcome heightened adversity and rose from the wreckage beautifully. Available for purchase online.
- Toronto Photographer Tackles the Stigma of Scars in New Photo Series. Natalie, one of many cancer survivors featured in a new photo series exploring the stigma surrounding scars, says she now has a “really good relationship with my scars because they tell a unique story.” Click to read the full article.
- Toronto photographer releasing powerful series about the stories behind scars. Alkan Emin’s portrait will be published in November and December by Zoomer magazine. Click to watch the story.
- Natalie is looking forward to sharing about life coaching and all the other moving parts of High Heal Diaries on Business Talk Radio (on Tune-In Satellite Radio). On Thursday, September 17 at 1:48 pm, listen live by clicking on the link in bio. Broadcast can be heard live, the day of the show. Click to listen.
- Black At It Again Magazine 1st Edition. Natalie Wilson is Featured on pages 13 – 16. Click to download.
- Learn about the 2nd annual “Walk a Mile In My Shoes” at www.eventbrite.ca/e/high-heal-diaries-2nd-annual-walk-a-mile-in-my-shoes-tickets-62186197591#
- Natalie (“Thank you cancer” blog) goes topless along with countless other women in #TruthorBare; an initiative by The Boob Book Project inspiring conversations around diversity and contributing to the self-love revolution. These anonymous topless selfies will become a part of the art series, which will be featured in The Boob Book www.theboobbook.com and interactive art exhibitions around the world.
- Read Melmira Bra and Swimsuits blog at www.melmira.com/my-melmira-experience-post-surgical.
- Shopping for lingerie and swimwear is always deeply personal, and sometimes daunting, particularly for post-surgical clients.
- Click to read Natalie’s feature in Bustle Digital Magazine, on products women use while going through cancer treatment. By multimedia storyteller Bee Quammie at Bustle.com
- Over the years Natalie has been in the news with a plethora of headlines including “Interview with Natalie as she discusses positive body image in the summer 2018 issue of Future Female Magazine” and “I needed to look like a woman again — Mum who battled cancer three times has her boobs reconstructed using corpse tissue.”
- Learn about ‘Walk A Mile In My Shoes’ – Ajax Snap’d magazine/online. Click to read (October 2018)
- Learn about ‘Walk A Mile In My Shoes’ – Ajax Snap’d magazine/online. Click to read. (October 2019)
- Click to read an interview with Natalie as she discusses positive body image in the summer 2018 issue of Future Female Magazine.
- Read Natalie Sharing her “voice” in the October 20, 2017 Toronto Star section of The Kit: Voices (by Eden Boileau) regarding her experience getting breast cancer at a young age. Click to read.
- Natalie was one of the 1,029 women between 35 and 45 who answered Chatelaine’s very nosy questions in Chatelaine’s #ThisIs40ish, the secret lives of Canadian women.
View the Chatelaine photoshoot and video: www.chatelaine.com/this-is-40ish-2017 at https://www.chatelaine.com/this-is-40ish-2017 (January 2017)
Additional news articles and television shows with Natalie Wilson:
Natalie is pleased to lend her voice as a contributor to a much-needed web-based platform called VISTAN HEALTH. VISTAN Health is created with a mission to empower people impacted by cancer towards better health and wellbeing to improve quality of life and optimize clinical outcomes. VISTAN is a companion that provides physical, mental, and social supports through your cancer journey. It also provides empowerment sessions from healthcare leaders and survivors with different topics like mindfulness, self-care, meditation, motivation, nutrition, exercise, symptoms, self-esteem, faith, and many more. Learn more!
Connected Woman Magazine, Healed to Heal: When Natalie Wilson’s life was thrown a curveball, she fought back! (January 2018). Learn more!
CBC’s Daytime Show, The Good’s: Natalie Wilson on CBC’s The Goods sharing her story (October 2017). Learn more!
The Nikki Clarke Show: Natalie Wilson (June 2017). Learn more!
Certified Coaches Federation Feature Friday: Natalie Wilson (February 2017). Learn more!
www.dailymail.co.uk: Natalie Wilson, of Ajax, Ontario, Canada first found a lump in 2008. Learn more!
www.thesun.co.uk: Natalie Wilson, 43, is now launching an online forum, where women can share their inspiring stories, and feel less alone. Learn more!
michaelbaisden.com: Young Mother Has Reconstructive Surgery Using Tissue From Corpse. Learn more!
www.mirror.co.uk: Cancer-stricken mum has breasts reconstructed using tissue from DEAD BODIES ‘to look like a woman again’. Learn more!
Get to know Natalie by reading her blogs and testimonials or learn about services offered at High Heal Diaries.