As a Certified Coach Practitioner under the Certified Coaches Federation™, I use methods called Cognitive Reflex Conditioning® to help my clients program their thought patterns, moods, and beliefs to become congruent with their intentions in order to create more flow, more consistency, and more results!
Cognitive Conditioning – “A process in which a stimulus is repeated, paired with an imagined response or behaviour…”
Cognitive Rehearsal – “A therapeutic technique in which a client imagines those situations that tend to produce anxiety or self-defeating behaviour and then repeats positive coping statements or mentally rehearses more appropriate behaviour.”
(American Psychological Association)
The 4 R’s of Cognitive Reflex Conditioning:
- You have this repetitive feeling of emptiness or longing for something more in your life. You know you want something to change, but just can’t pin what it is
- You feel like you are not moving forward but at a standstill or downward spiral. You feel defeated
- You feel a multitude of feelings: anger, confusion, lost, stuck, hurt, sadness, or desperation
- You know you’re living this life that you know you don’t want to live; repeating the same patterns/habits/mistakes over and over again
- You realize that something(s) has to change or you will stay in this place and it will only get worse
- You are asking yourself questions like: Why am I stuck here? Why do I want a change in my life? Do I need to say goodbye to certain things or certain people?
- The more you write down your thoughts and feelings, the more you realize you want to change
- You start to change your mindset and start to identify the limiting beliefs that are holding you back
- You’ve identified the things or people that are holding you back, and are taking accountability for where you are in life
- You pay more attention to the negative thoughts in your head, and the negative things or people around you
- You start to make some serious eliminations and replacements with things, thoughts, ideas and people that can have no place in where or who you want to be going forward
- Goodbye negativity, hello positivity!!
- You fill your soul with good, happy and positive things, people, healthy foods, podcasts, groups, webinars, self-help books, apps, etc
- You are feeling happier and more fulfilled with all the new and good that has entered your life
- You feel more grounded and like your sense of purpose has been redefined or discovered
- That “longing for” feeling is a thing of the past, and you’re living purposefully in your present; looking forward to an even more promising future
- Now you must maintain so you can sustain!
- REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT all of the above that is changing your life for the better
- And don’t think you will never fall – you will, but it’s part of the process. Have your moment, then get up and keep moving forward